Desert Speed School athletes and their teams were active on the field Friday night, with some big performances coming at a time when playoff seeding is on the line. As reported by Javier Morales of AllSportsTucson, top performers included:
- Salpointe’s Jaxson Greene, who provided two defensive scores for his Lancer team – an interception return and fumble return for touchdowns – as Salpointe earned a rare Thursday night win
- Empire’s Jake Lambert – playing on both sides of the ball – rushing for 123 yards and a touchdown, and adding 17 tackles in a 50-19 win over Douglas
- Pusch Ridge quarterback Ryan Fontaine – whose Lions are looking to solidify their seeding in a stacked 3A Division – threw for 169 yards and a touchdown. Perhaps more impressively, he also added 121 yards on the ground along with 4 rushing touchdowns.
- Cole Revis provided 109 yards receiving – including the game-winning touchdown – in a 29-22 Catalina Foothills victory over Amphi
- Tanque Verde guaranteed their first-ever winning season with a statement win over 2A defending state champion Santa Cruz Valley. Crucial to their performance was the defensive presence of CJ Lopez (10 tackles, including 2 sacks) and Trevor Clausen (team-high 14 tackles).
With playoffs just around the corner, look for more big performances from these and other Speed School athletes!
Cole Revis with the big TD catch from Connor Smith to put Catalina Foothills @foothillsfb up 29-22 on Amphi with 4:33 to go in the game. @AllSportsTucson pic.twitter.com/ZJTdZL7Wbi— Kevin Murphy (@KevinMurfee) October 23, 2021
(Photo credit: Andy Morales, AZPreps365)